An AZIMUTH is an angular measurement in a spherical coordinate system used in navigation, mapping and astronomy.

Friday, February 18, 2011

PE3_VFTNetworksSocialLearningSystem

This is my third tool review and I believe its benefit originates in the best of both previous tools. Click this link for the features of this free web 2.0 social learning system by The Vignettes For Training Company (VTF Networks) called TrainingPayback. I found this tool by accident as I was perusing the online version of Training Magazine. I've been catching quite a few FREE webinars through their site, live and recorded. That is how I discovered the Saba suites. I also found a link there for the tool I am now reviewing.

I drafted my RILS plan two days ago and decided I needed to build in some content to work with as I learn the concept of the VTFNetworks tool. Interestingly, I could easily be referring to this tool as the Khaki Blended Learning Solutions Social Learning System. The tool is so customizable that you wouldn't know that Khaki isn't the originator of this social learning system.


The folks at VFTNetworks have put together a user-friendly product. There are links to videos (vignettes) for each of the functions that give a brief narrative of the reason for the function followed by instruction. I'll be incorporating links to these videos for the Learners that will be piloting my RILS.

Yesterday I set up a demo within the system including Profiles for members; 2 Registered Nurses, 2 Physical Therapists, 3 Personal Care Attendants.   One of the RN's is a Consultant, the other is a Speaker. One PT is a Speaker and one is a Member. Speakers and Consultants have Administrative privileges. 

Members


I've created three Discussion Groups; Types of Disabilities, Assistive Technology and cerebral palsy NOT by Choice. The latter was created under the RN Judy Profile and she will be the Moderator for that Group. The first Discussion Group in the list, Welcome to discussions, contains links to the related video training vignette within the tool that discusses Discussions.

Discussion Groups


Content is found in the Event/Resources screen where you create, search and view training modules. I created two Events within the PCA New Hire Training Topic Group. Look for topics of interest in the Events/Resources window.


Events/Resources


Access an Event from the Events/Resources screen. The Description in the Event screen contains the content including links to documents, a home page and downloadable attachments. The Learners that demo my RILS will print attachments and/or screen captures in each of the features they access. The collection of printed documents will serve as a job aid when the Learners return to implement the Social Learning System.

Resources
I also created Networks between myself and some members. I should be able to look at the Networks that have been created by clicking on the View Sociogram button but all I get is a thinking computer with no Sociogram. Am I finding holes in this tool or don't I have a full access version? Hmm... Let's keep movin' on.

No comments:

Post a Comment